"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, May 30, 2014

The Year I Didn't Dance

Just a little over a year ago today I walked out of the ballet studio not knowing it would be the last time I set foot in one for very long time!

It was the Saturday before Mother's Day, and I planned on being in class again on Tuesday. Then I found out I was pregnant and was suddenly pretty much debilitated thanks to morning sickness, so I planned to start dancing again in a few months once that eased up a bit. A few months later I found a local studio (we moved, or I would have gone back to my old one), but by that point I was just so exhausted from being pregnant and anemic that I couldn't handle any activity really. So I planned to start dancing after a few more months - once I had my baby. Then I had my baby and the doctor said I wasn't cleared for exercise for 6 more weeks. So I planned to start dancing after those 6 weeks. Then I got cleared to start dancing, but I still weighed quite a bit more than my pre-pregnancy weight and wasn't ready to handle staring in the mirror at myself in a leotard and tights for an hour and a half (not to mention being a breast-feeding mom adds a few new challenges to dancing around in a little leotard that I haven't had to deal with before and am not looking forward to), so I planned to start dancing once I lost the weight.

Now May has come and gone a second time, and I STILL haven't started dancing again! This is the longest I've ever gone without dancing since I was 7!! And I STILL haven't lost the weight! I only weigh about 5 lbs less now than I did a week and a half after giving birth.

 

 ready and waiting, 12 1/2 months and counting


What's the moral of this story?

1) Appreciate the opportunities you have and really enjoy them. I wish I had made more of that last rehearsal...but I didn't know it would be my last!

2) For heaven's sake, Karin! Get yourself together! There's nothing stopping me now except myself! Time to stop making excuses for myself, stop with the "someday"'s, and get back to doing what I love!!

...which leads me to the resurrection of my 30-day challenges coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment