"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Kitchen Adventures of the Future

Today was a wonderful day!

It was Friday, Trevor had off work, the weather was gorgeous, we got lots of stuff done, we went on a picnic date, and it was just a happy, good, day!

And I had another one of those cutesy little moments while thinking of my little baby princess :)

One of the many things I accomplished today was baking! I managed to bake (all from scratch) 2 loaves of French bread and some fresh strawberry coffee cake (a new recipe that turned out fantastic!!! I'll have to post it later. I'm already planning to bake it again this week, it is that good!) while running back and forth from the kitchen to the swing in the living room to entertain my fussy baby girl between every few ingredients. It was definitely not the most efficient baking session of my life, but it got done.

As I was measuring out some flour it occurred to me that I'm really glad I learned to bake and cook when I was little, and that soon I'll get to teach my daughter to cook too! And then we can bake together, and have all sorts of adventures in the kitchen! I'm not exactly sure why, but it made me so ridiculously excited!

...And then she started crying so I picked her up and she spit up all over herself, and all down my shirt and arm and pants, and it even dripped onto the chair I was standing next to. Yep, she's still got a little more growing up to do before she's ready to start cooking lessons with Mom. I'm ok with that :) I sure am excited to teacher all kinds of things though!

No comments:

Post a Comment