"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Easy Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles

It's almost Christmas!! And that means lots and lots of Christmas cookies!!


This year I'm participating in a big holiday cookie recipe swap hosted over at White Lights on Wednesday! All the participants were assigned partners to swap favorite holiday cookie recipes with. This recipe for Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles is from Darci who blogs over at Inventions of the Not-so-Chef. The cookies are absolutely divine, and super duper quick and easy to make!

Chocolate crinkles are one of my favorite kinds of holiday cookies, but the recipes I tried always seemed to turn out too hard and crunchy. This recipe turned out unbelievably soft and fudgy! Confession: I ate at least 7 of these instead of lunch, and even more after dinner. I'm in love :) And the fact that they only take 5 minutes (or less) to mix up, and only require 4 ingredients, makes them even more awesome!

This would be a great recipe to let little kids help with since it's simple, and needs to be hand-mixed. It's also perfect for when you need to bring treats to a party and only have a few minutes to throw something together, but still want it to taste gourmet (or just don't feel like spending hours in the kitchen).

Another great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't have any dairy! So those of you who are lactose intolerant like me can eat to your heart's delight without all the unpleasant after-effects of lactose-laden goodies!

My husband and I (ok, it was mostly me) devoured over half of the cookies in just a few hours, so I'm thinking of making another batch on Saturday :) I'm kind of tempted to try adding some mini chocolate chips, or putting a caramel in the middle for fun, but my husband things I should just make them again exactly as the recipe says so he can continue to bask in their un-adulterated goodness. He's probably right :)

So, without further ado, here's the recipe I've been raving about!

Easy Fudgy Chocolate Crinkles



Source: Food.com via Darci

Ingredients:
- 1 Devil's Food cake mix (I used Betty Crocker) 
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- powdered sugar for rolling (about 1 cup)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Stir by hand (not with an electric mixer) until thoroughly mixed together, but do not over-beat or they won't be as soft and fudgy.

Roll into 1 inch balls, roll in powdered sugar, and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just beginning to set. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing.

Note: the oil in the dough will absorb the powdered sugar, so coat the dough balls generously to get that pretty white cracked exterior. Also, when baking, err on the side of slightly-underbaked for the fudgiest results. The cookies will continue to bake slightly after removing the pan from the oven.


Enjoy!

And be sure to check out the wonderful host blogs (WhiteLightsonWednesday.com, ILoveMyDisorganizedLife.com, RealHousemoms.com), and of course check out the rest of the recipes from the swap!!


2 comments:

  1. I make these cookies all the time! They are great with white chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, different flavored cake mix ... the possibilities are endless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I know how fool-proof and how delicious they are, I'll probably be making them all the time too! Glad to hear you like them :)

      Delete