"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, November 8, 2013

November 7th: Temples

Today I am thankful for temples. Every day of my life I am thankful for temples! I started preparing the lesson to teach my class of 5 and 6-year-old kids, and the topic this week is temples and how through temple covenants, we can be with our families forever. It's hard to try to figure out how to teach something so important and complex to kids so young, but at the same time, it's cool to read how the lesson manual has broken down such a huge thing into its simplest and most basic pieces. Reviewing them and spending a little time reflecting on the importance of the temple as I started thinking about what I was going to teach my little class in a few days refreshed my love of temples, and reminded me again of how grateful I am for them!


Me and my Trevor had the blessing of being able to be married and sealed together for the rest of eternity in the temple. Of course we knew what we were getting ourselves into long before we even decided to get married, but my appreciation for the doctrine of eternal families was greatly intensified just a few weeks later.

I honestly don't remember much - if anything - that the sealer said to us in the temple on our wedding day (I wasn't feeling very well at the time, and quite frankly I was a bit distracted by the fact that I was getting married!), but we had the opportunity to talk to another sealer later. He talked about what it would be like after death without being sealed to your family. He compared it to losing a child in a crowded grocery store, or being separated from your family while on vacation or something. Except that instead of at least knowing the approximate area of whoever it is you are trying to find, imagine that they could be anywhere on the entire earth, and that they are somewhere mixed in with all the billions and quadrillions of people who have ever lived on the face of the earth since the beginning of time, and you don't have phones or any way of contacting each other. That's kind of how it will be after death for those who have not been able to receive the sealing ordinances and be married for eternity instead of just until death.

In contrast, being sealed is like hearing that voice over the intercom telling you "Mrs. Smith, please come to the customer service desk. We found your child!". It gets you back together again with your spouse to continue your happily ever after, even after death! And your kids too! And your parents! And everything is happy and wonderful!! 



I am so soooo glad that me and Trevor had the privilege and blessing of being married in the temple so we can be a forever family and be together forever! And our little baby girl too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment