"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November 5th - Elephant Ears

Today I'm thankful for elephant ears! I didn't know what they were until just barely, and I love them! The National Peanut Festival is in full-swing right now, and our church had a booth making and selling elephant ears to earn money for the Boy Scouts, so me and Trevor volunteered for several hours tonight. Basically they're a lightly salty dough that's stretched out to like the size of a small pizza, then deep fried and heavily doused in cinnamon and sugar on both sides. We got to take home some of the leftovers after closing up shop, and goodness, they are delicious! Imagine a mix between an awesome donut and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mmmmm, sugary deep fried deliciousness! I ate a whole one by myself. I don't know what I was thinking! Ok, actually I do know what I was thinking, and it was something along the lines of "Wow, this is delicious! I should keep putting it in my mouth until I explode!" Not the best decision ever health-wise, so I better kick off tomorrow with a nice nutrient-dense green smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment