"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 29th: The Things I Don't Notice

Today I'm thankful for the things I don't think to be thankful for. In particular, today I am thankful for the days when my feet and ankles aren't swollen. For the past several months of pregnancy (since about mid-August) my feet have been getting pretty swollen if I don't spend most of the day either laying in bed, or laying on the couch with my feet elevated. The swelling not only looks funny and makes wearing shoes difficult, it's also very painful sometimes, and sometimes I get a bit of restless leg syndrome with it too. That just adds to the fun! Especially when I'm trying to sleep!

My feet and lower legs are way swollen today and it really hurts! Even after keeping them elevated for the past several hours, and having Trevor rub them for a good 20 minutes or so to try to help out my circulation, they're still just massive and really painful.

Having them be so bad today made me realize that they really haven't been getting as swollen lately! This used to be something I suffered through nearly every day, but lately I've gotten a nice little break from it and I didn't even notice!!

Another fun symptom that I used to have really bad is pain in my sacroilliac joint (lower back/back of pelvis area). For a long time I had a constant dull ache that escalated to a sharp stabbing pain when I moved. One day in particular I got on the floor to scrub the toilet, and the pain was so intense I almost couldn't get back up. I wanted to just sit there and cry because it hurt so bad to move, but I had gotten cleaning chemicals on my delicate, sensitive skin and it was starting to sting and needed to be washed off pronto. Obviously I survived, but it took forever for me to figure out a way to eventually pull myself to my feet because it hurt so bad!! Fortunately, that incredibly painful symptom mysteriously disappeared from one day to the next, and I have hardly even thought of it at all until just recently!

Lucky me, getting a break from these symptoms! I need to do better at opening my eyes and being thankful for the things that are going right without needing to be reminded! I really do have things pretty good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment