"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 25: GPS

Today I'm thankful for GPS's and people who have them! I unfortunately don't have one...and I got pretty lost today trying to find my way to the airport to pick up a friend! It's about 45 minutes away from my house, and I printed directions and everything (and this is my 3rd time driving there, but the directions have ended up being a bit different every time, and several streets out here don't have signs for some odd reason), and I still got lost. I excel at getting lost. And something about being a short little pregnant girl out lost on her own, driving around in her pj's made me feel especially vulnerable and I didn't really feel safe stopping to ask for directions since there weren't any big stores or businesses anywhere for several miles. No way was I going to pull off on some dirt road and knock on some random person's front door! Luckily I did know the general place I was...it just wasn't the place I was supposed to be! But I was able to call my friend and she looked up directions and navigated me there, and we definitely used her GPS to navigate us back home instead of my broken paper directions!

I remember getting frustrated while trying to read a map at Ft. McHenry when I was 10 or 11, and telling my dad I wished they would invent a map that could tell you where you were and move when you did. Well obviously some wishes do come true! Now I just need to get a phone that has a GPS so I can make use of this awesome technology and stop getting lost so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment