"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November 16th: Girl Talk and My Man :)

Ok, so I'm like 4 days behind on these. Yikes! Time to catch up :)

Today (Saturday) I am sooooooo very thankful for my Trevor!!! He was out of town for several days (I was really good and only cried about it once) attending a conference or something relating to work, and he finally came back home tonight! It was a really good experience for him, but my goodness, I missed him a LOT!!!! Days are infinitely longer when I know he won't be coming home around 5, and the house just feels so much colder and darker without him here. Even if I'm on facebook or whatever and he's off doing homework and we're not even really doing anything together, home is just such a brighter, happier place when he's here! It's also really comforting to know that if I need something in the middle of the night but I'm too sick to get it, he can help me out, or if something happens to me (or there is a scary bug!), he can come save the day. Being home alone really scares me - especially at night!! - and I feel so much safer with him around! Plus I just love that guy :) I had to laugh at everything by myself instead of telling him about it, I couldn't text him or show him when our baby girl was kicking or flopping around like crazy, I didn't have anyone to cook for or cuddle with...oh I could go on and on forever talking about how sad it is without him, but I don't have to, because he's home now! And he's all mine! Forever :)

I'm also thankful for girl friends! I didn't get to hang out with all of them today, but I got to see several of them throughout the week and they really helped pass the lonely time without Trevor! And I'm thankful for all of them! This morning a few of us went to the Hollyday Bazaar (tons of local vendors and boutiques and food and everything) and just wandered and talked and browsed all the cool stuff for several hours while wishing we were rich and good at crafts. The volunteers all wore elf hats with ears, and everything was decorated super cute with Christmas stuff (plus the stuff all the vendors were selling was predominantly Christmas oriented), and they even had a live brass band playing Christmas music! Super cool! Then later in the evening we got together to watch 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (which I've been wanting to watch for well over a year now!), and we just talked and talked for hours!

I'm SO glad I'm lucky enough to have so many awesome girlfriends right now! It was really hard making the switch during engagement and early years of marriage from having tons of girlfriends, to being in a ward with basically no one my age around, and really no girls at work. There was quite a bit of a dry spell for a long time, but thank goodness that is over now! It's pretty funny to me too how much girl talk has morphed! It used to be pretty much only about boys, dancing, food we love, and random stuff like that. Now it's about babies, parenting, housework, husbands, grocery shopping...haha we probably sound like a bunch of old mom ladies sometimes. Oh well :) I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment