"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, November 15, 2013

November 14th: Glorious Sunshine

Today I am thankful for sunshine!! I think I may have a mild bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder, because the cold winter months with fewer hours of daylight are always hard for me. I also just hate being cold period...so maybe I'm just a whiner. That's very possible too :) This year, we're kind of in a weird spot in the time zone. The sun rises at 6 am, and it's dark before 5 pm. That means when I sleep in till 11ish (with a potty and snack break at 5 nearly every morning), by the time I get up, there are only 6 hours of sunshine in my day. And since most of my days are spend indoors and none of our windows are facing the sun (probably to help combat the intense Summer heat), I've been missing it a lot lately! But today I woke up for my potty/snack break a little late and the sun was already up! So I decided to bask in it a bit!

Even though we don't get sun streaming in through any of our windows, the angle of the sun is brightest and best right after it rises, so I opened the blinds in the kitchen and made myself a nice breakfast and did the dishes without even having to turn on the lights, and it was glorious!

And then a few hours later I took a nice long nap because waking up at 6 is not for me haha

No comments:

Post a Comment