"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 12: Sleeping In and Electric Blankets

Today I'm thankful that I currently have the luxury of sleeping in! My parents are major early birds, and from the time I started Kindergarten, I had to get up at 5:30 am (even earlier during high school). Then I got to college and tried to plan my classes so I could sleep in a bit more, but it didn't always work out. Plus, isn't part of being in college is staying up until obscene hours of the night/morning doing homework, or celebrating on the nights you don't have homework (or procrastinating...oops)? I was pretty much always tired. Then during the Summers I would work as many hours as I could at multiple jobs (sometimes up to 60 or 70 hours a week), so I was frequently tired. And then I graduated and became an adult (haha) and worked a few different jobs with differing schedules, but I often had to wake up early.

Soon I'll have a baby who will wake me up several times a night, and make sure I don't get too much sleep, and she will probably eventually be followed by other babies, who will also make sure I don't sleep too much. How kind of them!

But for right now, I can bask in the looseness of my schedule and sleep as long as my body needs! And I absolutely love it!! Even though I do sometimes have a hard time sleeping because of my squashed bladder, stomach that randomly demands snacks, discomfort from having very limited sleeping positions thanks to my new oddly-shaped pregnant body, crazy dreams, restless legs, and/or general nausea, it is VERY reassuring to know that I can sleep in as late as I need in order to make up for lost sleep during the night :)

And now that the weather is starting to cool down quite a bit at night (it may be mid-November, but it's still beautiful short-sleeve weather here during the daytime!), snuggling up under the electric blanket and catching a few extra Z's is just like heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment