"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 11th: Veterans. And Cheese and Crackers

Today is Veterans Day. I am so so incredibly thankful that I have the privilege and blessing of living in this country (despite any qualms I may have with how things happen sometimes). I am also indescribably grateful to those who have been willing to give up years of their lives for military service, and those who have given their lives in their service. And I'm definitely thankful for the military wives and families who sacrificed and suffered at home alone while their fathers, husbands, and sons were off fighting. I don't know how you find the strength to do that. I honestly don't think I could.

Also - not to trivialize in any way my gratitude for veterans, soldiers, military families, and this wonderful country in general - today I'm thankful for cheese and crackers. Since finding out that I'm lactose intolerant, obviously, I haven't been eating as much dairy. I do LOVE cheese though, and Kraft Naturals is lactose free! So I can eat cheese and crackers! And after eating hardly any dairy for a year and a half now, being able to eat cheese like a normal person is WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment