"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 10th: Nice People Without Hidden Agendas

Today I am thankful for the wonderful people who are so willing to help without asking anything in return! Trevor got a flat tire while he was out driving (long after the sun went down, of course), and realized after the tire popped that he didn't have a car jack. So he was stranded there on the side of the road. Luckily, one of our friends was available and willing to bring Trevor a car jack and help him change the tire, but even after they had everything they needed, that tire absolutely would not come off!! They tried everything, but to no avail. Then this huge guy passing by saw them and came over to help. I wasn't there so I can't personally testify of his awesomeness and raw man power, but Trevor and Chris both claim he picked up the spare tire with one of his gigantic hands and banged it a few times against the tire that they hadn't been able to get off, and then he changed the tire! Easy! And thanks to our wonderful friend who provided the car jack, and the mysterious Samson man who provided the muscle, my Trevor made it back home to me safe and sound :)

It also kind of reminded me of a year and a half ago when I had some tire trouble of my own (while my husband was out-of-state, of course), and I was saved by the selfless generosity of several people! I wrote about my adventures in my blog post "My Magic Truck and the Good Samaritan". And another incident that happened just a few months before that that I also blogged about in my post "Be Careful What You Wish For / How to get All the Boys". We sure do have awful luck with cars sometimes! Fortunately, there have always been good people to help us out when we needed it.

There so many selfless, wonderful people in the world, it blows my mind! I have been blessed so many times by the service and kindness of friends, family, and even total strangers who ask nothing in return. I want to be more like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment