"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 1 - 4

Ok, I didn't post my daily things I'm grateful for yet because I hadn't posted what the challenge was , so it just didn't make sense. But I did write them down, so now that I've explained the challenge in the previous post, here they all are!

November 1

- today I'm thankful that Trevor has a job that lets him put in an extra hour of work every day and take every other Friday off! I LOVE having him to myself all day, and getting a surprise 3-day weekend with him :)
- I'm also thankful for chocolate! And great deals! Which means I'm especially grateful that we happened to unintentionally stumble across Halloween candy (we went there for vitamins and a flu shot ha) that was marked down 50% from the sale prices from the preceding night, and it was totally the good stuff!! We spend about $40, so that's over $80 worth of Reese's, Hershey's, Kit Kats, M&M's (plain and peanut butter), Russell Stover coconut nests, and Hershey Kisses! We're definitely set for a loooong time :)


November 2

- today I'm thankful daylight savings! Everyone always seems to whine about it, but I love it! (my opinions will probably change once I have kids though) We got to stay out later after a Saturday evening church meeting 45 minutes away from home, and have a little dinner date with some friends at this Mexican grill, and it was super yummy! Aaaaand we still had time to do some last-minute grocery shopping, drive home, get a full-night's sleep, and wake up with plenty of time to drive the 45 minutes back for a morning meeting, and we were even early! Yep, definitely couldn't have done it nearly as comfortably without daylight savings!


November 3

- today I'm thankful for beautiful weather! My friends in Utah woke up to snow and got a day with highs in the mid-30's, meanwhile out here in Alabama me and Trevor decided to have a picnic and sunbathe in the glorious, warm, sunshiney 70 degree weather we had here today!


November 4

- today I'm thankful for to-do lists and free printables. I'm great at being unorganized and not being as productive as I want to be, so I've been trying to do a bit better lately. Nice colorful to-do lists seemed like good motivation, so I looked up about 15-20 different ones on Pinterest to get ideas. I've got it narrowed down to two favorites!

The first (linked here) is great if you have goals and tasks that need to get done, but you don't necessarily want/need to plan out exactly what time of day it gets done. I also LOVE that it has a checklist for drinking 8 glasses of water, and that it includes a "for me" section to make sure you save a little time for yourself :)

The second (linked here) is excellent for planning your day out in specific, half-hour chunks. There's also lots of room to write down notes (shopping list, elaborate on one of the to-do's, write down things to do tomorrow, etc.), and I think it's super helpful that it has the hours of 9-5 are in a different color, so it's easier to break the day up at a glance.

Thanks to my handy dandy little to-do lists, I actually had a good, productive day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment