"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days to Greatness: Part 4

I am really loving doing these little 30-day goals!! I already have a mini list of things I want to do in future months! From now on I'm going to start referring to them as 30-day challenges instead of 30 days to greatness, because I think it suits them better :) Also, please feel free to join me in these monthly challenges; the more the merrier!

Last month's challenge (linked here) was to encourage good mindful eating habits by keeping a food log of what I ate, how much I ate, when I ate it, how long I spent eating it (vs. gobbling it down), how I felt before and after (was I truly hungry, or was I just impulse-eating, and did I stop when I was full, or did I binge and then feel sick), and include an end-of-the-day total of how many servings I ate in each food group and how many cups of water I drank.

It was pretty eye-opening!

I knew I wasn't doing great - hence my reason for choosing to work on it for a month. And now, a month later, I'm still not great at eating as nutritiously as I should be, and I definitely missed a few days of food-logging throughout the month. I still feel like I've made good progress though! And I've gotta say, there were SEVERAL times that I started to eat junk just because, but then stopped myself because I didn't want to have to write it down in my food log and see how badly I did at the end of the day! Haha I highly recommend keeping a food log to anyone who is trying to eat better! The extra little bit of accountability - even if you are the only one who will see your food log - really helps you think twice about what you're putting into your body :) I really hope I can keep getting better at this, even when it's not my monthly challenge, so me and my baby will be as healthy as possible! (and what better time to be practicing nutritious, mindful eating than during the stuff-your-face-with-goodies Holiday months?)

So! Now it's a new month, and it's time for a new challenge! (sorry about the excess of exclamation points today. I must just be particularly excited about life right now!)




My 30-day challenge for November isn't very unique. Actually, several of my friends are already doing it! Since Thanksgiving is coming up this month, I'm going to keep a daily gratitude journal and focus on being thankful for things that I take for granted all-too-often. It's pretty simple, but it's very important.

Ideally I'll post daily about what I'm thankful for, but for the sake of being realistic (since I usually don't blog every day, but I do get on facebook every day), I'm going to let a facebook post count too :)

Here's to a month filled with things worth being thankful for!! (as every month is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment