"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dear Diary...

Back when I first started this blog I intended for it to be like an online diary where I would post about my doings each day. Ha! Now it's like a hodge-podge of quotes, recipes, vents, and random stories of my life that I post in sporadically. So I think it's time for a nice old-fashioned journal entry post :)


Today I:

- woke up at 6:30 AM
- promptly fell back asleep until 10:30 AM
- started my day out feeling sick and yucky
- got better after several hours (thank you zofran!!)
- found out the mirror in my walk-in closet makes me look waaaay skinnier than my other mirror. I don't think I'll be looking in my other mirror for several months
- decided that spaghetti noodles are too difficult to eat neatly and shouldn't exist. Rigatoni, macaroni, bowties, shells, penne, and ziti are MUCH more practical
- found out I'm anemic. My poor body does NOT like being pregnant
- didn't get out of bed until 4:00 PM thanks to not feeling well, which means my feet and legs actually didn't get very swollen today!
- took a shower AND put on makeup AND got dressed AND went out in public (All are rare occurrences these days. I guess I should mention that none of these happened until 4:00 PM. And no, I did not wear pants. I wore a skirt. I don't like pants these days. Or clothes for that matter...)
- finally decided on a crib and bought it! Wahoo!!
- got a free sample of a whoopie pie at the bakery!
- went car shopping/browsing at The Lemon Lot. I even found one I like that's in our price range! Although, I'm probably biased now because the seller named it and wrote the specs as if he/she was talking about a person so now I feel like I'm friends with the car. Silly brain.
- bought some yummy pre-marinated pork shoulder for a steal of a deal!
- didn't buy the steak that was on sale because it was green like the bad meat in Oregon Trail
- made dinner (...ok actually I cooked up some onion rings and we dipped them in Thousand Island dressing and ate leftovers. My husband loved it though, so my task is complete :)
- learned how to create my own banners for my blog!
- learned that I'm very bad at making my own banners for my blog, and deleted my first 6 attempts
- decided I'm not ready to change my banner for this blog yet until I get more skills :)
- ate a bunch of food with mild amounts of dairy and didn't take any lactaid and I was ok!!

And I also didn't go to bed until well after 1:00 AM because my husband is staying up late studying for the Physics GRE and I'm keeping him company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment