"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 12, 2013

...A Whole Week Later...

Ok, I better start this post by apologizing to everyone whose life I unintentionally ruined or put on hold while waiting in suspense to find out the gender of our baby! I fully intended that me and Trevor would have some sort of announcement out later that night, but we got busy with errands and stuff and Family Home Evening and it didn't happen. And then he was out of town nearly all week to be at his little sister's wedding out-of-state. I got to stay home alone while he was gone to cut travel expenses, and because I was still getting beat up with morning sickness when we bought the plane tickets and we weren't sure if I would be well enough to make the trip.

You'd think being bored and home alone all day every day for a week would leave me with plenty of time and motivation to blog, right? Nope. It actually made me really lonely and sad and mopey and moody and hormonal and really not in any sort of mood to concentrate and write. Distracting myself with friends, shopping, food (specifically nachos...I ate an entire 8 oz brick of cheese and 12+ oz jar of salsa in the first 2 days), figuring out my brand new sewing machine that came in the mail the day he left, choosing and shopping for and starting my first sewing project, and watching ballets and Project Runway for hours on end were much more appealing.

Getting to see our little baby at the ultrasound appointment was a really special experience that I want to take the time and effort to actually document, and knowing me, if I hurried up and announced the gender of our baby there would be nothing to compel me to actually sit down and write about the ultrasound appointment! So that is why no announcement has been made yet. Aren't I selfish? :) But now my Trevor is back here with me! My muse has returned, and life is joyous and wonderful again! So without further ado, I'm starting to write my ultrasound experience/gender revealing baby post right now, and I'm not getting up until it's finished and posted! (Despite how loudly the peanut butter M&M's in the kitchen are calling my name, and how badly I want to finish my sewing project right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment