"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Why I'm Proud of Myself for Failing Yesterday

Oh dang. Two days ago I decided to start my "30 days to greatness!" and post in my blog every single day for 30 days! And then yesterday...I didn't post anything. That's right, day 2 and I already failed.

But that's ok! Because I can start again today! And you know why I didn't post anything yesterday? Because I actually got up and did something with my life yesterday! Instead of sitting around all day feeling sick and icky and having nothing but my laptop and Netflix to keep me company (so it's easy to just pull up my blog and write and not even have to move), I was productive! I cleaned off one of the counters that has been cluttered and gross since we moved in, and I made myself a healthy lunch, and I actually showered and put on makeup and got dressed (a MAJOR accomplishment, just ask Trevor :), and I baked divine cookies, and I tried a new recipe that ended up being a super duper yummy healthy(ish) dinner! And I earned a few dollars online!

And I went out on an adventure! Yep, I actually left the house! I went to my new OBGYN office for the first time to drop something off and got lost driving around for about a half hour despite having looked up directions and writing them down...and following them. I had to stop and ask for directions a couple of times, but I got there eventually! And I walked in just as they were closing...only to discover that I forgot to bring the information I was supposed to give them! Oops...haha And I went the library and got a card and checked out a good baby book, and I got a coupon for a free redbox! So I went and got Rise of the Guardians for us to watch as a mid-week date last night :)

So, even though I failed at my 30-day challenge yesterday, I'd say I actually still won at being a better, happier, more-fulfilled person :) So now I'm re-starting today!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a ton of productiveness! I definitely didn't do that much yesterday, and I don't even have the pregnant excuse! But I did take Amberly for a former roommate party at the grocery store :)

    ReplyDelete