"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Spiced French Toast

Last night after I survived my first class of ballet since discovering I'm pregnant, I decided I deserved a treat :) The class wasn't even that hard in and of itself, but it was still more than my body is used to, and my legs were waaay shaky even just part of the way though the class and I definitely got way winded really easily! (My calves are super sore today!) Hard work like that merits a reward!

The treat I chose for myself was a trip to Cupcakes Y'all! It's a way cute cupcake boutique with salads and paninis and stuff, and I've been dying to go check it out ever since we moved here and I found out about it!

Me and Trevor have driven past it a couple of times, so we decided to drive there without looking up directions. Like 20 minutes or so later, we caved and actually used the GPS. By the time we actually got there, it had been closed for 15 minutes. Sad day! Too bad we didn't just use directions the first time like Trevor wanted too. My goodness, my advice is terrible sometimes!

In the end, we drove home and made breakfast for dinner, and I'm so glad we did! It was so dang good! And I ate leftover breakfast for dinner for breakfast this morning :)

Trevor made biscuits and gravy and cooked brown sugar/maple sausages. Yum! But the show-stealing part of the meal was the spiced french toast!!

I pulled up some recipes from Pinterest, but in the end I just went with one from Allrecipes.com. (original recipe linked here) Super easy, super quick, super yummy!!



I amped up the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla just a touch in the batter, and topped the final product with fresh strawberries and bananas, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, and a dash of nutmeg. So good!! And I got a bit sugar-crazed and decided to pour some cinnamon syrup on top of the second half. Mmmmmmm. I just might have to make this again this week...

Since I followed the recipe basically exactly, I'm not going to both re-posting it here. Just click on the link :) But FYI, it doesn't make much. It claims to make 6 slices, but we only got 5. I used french bread from a grocery store bakery and I sliced them a bit thick (as you can see in the picture), so that may have been why. But definitely double the recipe! You'll want more :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment