"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Little Kids and Little Old Ladies

Just thought I'd share a few funny random little things I overheard at church the past few weeks :)

A bunch of old ladies greeting each other before church as they walked into the chapel:
(yes, I did pull out my notebook to write down bits of their conversation. There is just something I find ridiculously amusing about little old ladies with strong southern accents!)

- "How are you doing?" "Good. I haven't passed out yet this week."
- "I'm hangin in there like a hair on a biscuit"
- "Howdy. Howdy, howdy, howdy. You gotta come over sometime and get some of my tomatas"
- "What's cookin'? A chicken that used to be a'walkin?"
- "You got a cowlick (calic? however you spell it). Someone's gotta spit on it. Momma's spit can fix anything. Hair stylin', it's a cleaner..." "My daughter told me she's tired of bein' spit on."

  Little gems from the class of 5-year-old kids that we teach each week:

- me: "who knows what 'doctrine' means?" kid: "it's like...Dr. Who?"
- "If my great-grandma died, it wouldn't matter. I have seven more."
- kid staring at me and Trevor: "Is he your dad?" me: "No, he's my husband." kid: *keeps staring suspiciously and shaking his head no
- after separating two particularly rambunctious boys for being rowdy during the lesson and moving my chair between the two of them, one of them comes over to whisper in my ear, "Um, uh, you're really pretty!". Nice try kid, but flattery will not ease your punishment!


And to finish up with something a bit more meaningful (after all, this is church I'm talking about here), a little kid (maybe about 7 years old?) said this in his testimony in sacrament meeting:

- "I know that we can be happy, even when it's hard. I know that even if we're not happy, we can be happy again." 

Such simple, yet profound, words :) Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment