"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

30 Days to Greatness!

If you haven't heard of TED talks, your life is not nearly as enriched as it could be!! They've got these great videos of motivational and informative talks by tons of speakers about everything under the sun! Some are as short as 3 minutes, and some are nice and long, but all of them are awesome! I've only ever seen one that I didn't love, and it was only because I personally didn't happen to agree with the speaker's idea.

No matter the topic of the talk, I nearly always end up inspired to do something more or to do something differently after watching one! Even if it's just being inspired to someday be a less-awful public speaker :)

My current favorite talk/video (they're all so good it's hard to keep a favorite for long!) is one I just watched for the first time. It's only 3 minutes long. Short, sweet, and powerful. The idea behind it is that you can do anything for 30 days. The time will pass regardless of whether or not you are choosing to change yourself or be something more, so use the 30 days to start doing that thing you always wanted to do, and start becoming the you that you want to be! And do it for 30 days! Then if it's a habit you've been meaning to start, it will be established! If it's a task you've been meaning to do, it will be done! You can only end up winning :)

Here's the link: http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html?source=facebook#.UeWNx_JSOkJ.facebook

Like I said, it's only 3 minutes long, so you really don't have any excuse to not watch it right now and be inspired :) And then click around and watch the other awesome videos on the site while you're there!!


I kind of tried to do something similar to this 30-day challenge with my new year's resolutions this year - except by treating the year as 12 1-month segments. That...kind of crumbled into dust lately with all the major changes our little family has been going through. I also had a lot of perhaps overly-ambitious goals :)

That doesn't mean I can't be better than I am now though! So I am starting this 30-day challenge today! For the next 30 days I will blog every. single. day! I've been meaning to be much more regular about blogging for a long long time, but it's a bit daunting. I get all these ideas and write them down in a big list, but never actually blog about them. But I can do it for 30 days! I can think of 30 things to write about! And I can sacrifice an hour a day (or however long it takes) of watching Dr. Who, or playing a few rounds of Candy Crush Saga, or watching some cat videos on youtube, or whatever else is clogging up my time unproductively!

30 days from now, Karin will be a better writer, a more consistent blogger, better at managing her time productively, better at organizing her thoughts, and will have 30 posts explaining and cataloging her ideas, memories, experiences, and other random stuff :) I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment