"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Think It Not Strange..."

I recently came across these scriptures in my personal scripture study, and I love love love them!

1 Peter 4:12, 5:6

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you."
"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time."

I just LOVE the way it explains so clearly that life is going to be hard, so get over it! There will be trials in this life, so don't go thinking you're being picked on by God just because you are having a hard time. 1 Peter 1:7 even calls the trial of your faith "much more precious than of gold". The key is to be humble and press on with the understanding that God is there, and that He is aware, and that he will bless you. All in due time :)

As you may have noticed (assuming you read my blog posts periodically), there has been a surprising lack of blog posts about my stomach and nausea issues for the past...9 months or so. (Well to be quite honest, there has been a lack of blog posts period, so part of the reason is that no time to blog period means no time to blog about my stomach). Aside from that, I haven't posted about being sick lately because a miracle occurred and the nausea is magically gone now!!!

HA. I wish! But no. The problem has decreased noticeably; but feeling sick randomly, and frequently, is still very much a part of my daily life adventures.

The real reason I haven't posted as much about it is that I am getting much better at dealing with it, both physically and emotionally. It's still hard, but it's getting less-hard. And the fact that the severity is decreasing really helps make it a lot more manageable!

A couple of years ago I received a blessing that said we are all given trials in this life, and this is one that has been selected for me. That has helped me refrain from the whole "why me! This is so unfair!" attitude that is so easy to get stuck in, and has helped me trust that there is something for me to learn from all of this. Having hard stuff happen is normal. It's to be expected. A little bit more refining that I evidently need. Some hard nuts to crunch through and give texture to my nice thick slice of life :)

And just in case the thought of plowing through years and years of difficult trials for your entire life has got you down, just listen to this!

Isaiah 41:10

" Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 43:1-3, 5

"Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shat not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior!...Fear not, for I am with thee"


And just one of many many wonderful quotes from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland:

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike--and they will--you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection. They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed.”

So even when it's hard - and it's going to be hard! - it's all going to be ok. We're on the winning team, and we've got the absolute best help there is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment