"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 26, 2013

Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt Frenzie

I've posted a few "healthy" "cookie" recipes on here (yes, both words in quotes. They weren't entirely healthy or cookies, just approximations :). Do not be deceived. I make junk too. And I eat it like crazy. Let's be honest here; how can you be on Pinterest and not make horribly fattening things?

Today's adventure: Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt!

I got the recipe here

It's super duper easy to make.

½ cups Unsalted Butter, Softened
½ cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
¼ cups Granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup All-purpose Flour
¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
¼ teaspoons Salt
¾ cups Mini Chocolate Chips Or Chunks
1 cup Vanilla Yogurt

You just mix it up like regular cookie dough, and add in the yogurt as the last ingredient. Then freeze it for a few hours, and voila!



It makes about twice as much as in in the bowl here. I spooned the rest out into individual bowls so it would freeze faster. I'm a bit impatient :)

Unfortunately, this recipe didn't make my list of favorite to-die-for desserts. This one landed itself on my cool-to-make/novelty list, and is hovering near the not-quite-worth-the-calories list. It's definitely got a yogurt twang...which doesn't quite jive with the whole cookie dough taste in my opinion. I guess it is frozen yogurt after all though. 

Oh well, it was still fun to make and yummy to eat, even if I don't plan on making it again :)


That tacky wrinkly brown thing in the background is our sofa. Well, actually the blanket 
we use to cover up the sofa because it's old and ugly. One of the lights in the kitchen 
burnt out so I had to re-locate to the living room :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow I love you for posting this!!!! So excited to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's yummy :) I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete