"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Maybe My Tastebuds are Still Asleep?

Last night I posted about my unfortunate experience attempting to enjoy "healthy" cookie pie, and ending up gagging down a few bites and wanting to throw away the rest. Well I didn't. I mixed in more oats and a ton of vanilla, a few dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a ton of chocolate chips. Then I put it in my mini pan and baked up another deep-dish mini cookie pie before bed.

This morning I woke up feeling brave, so I tried a bite of the adjusted version for breakfast.

...It was delicious! What the crazy?! So I'm thinking I maybe need to give this recipe another chance at being a delightful and healthier adaptation to the terribly un-healthful dessert portion of my diet. But I'm definitely not making it by the book if I ever make it again; I'm making it my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment