"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 11, 2012

One Day During Lunch...

During lunch today I said something at the same time as Trevor. Being the very mature, well-behaved gentleman that he is, he shouted "Jinx!!!", and our lovely conversation came to an abrupt halt. I guess all the stress of being a married man now with a big-kid family ward church calling, and a hard job, and all the grown-up things he's having to do for graduation and graduate school applications has made him forget elementary school or something, because once he jinxed me, he couldn't remember how to un-jinx me.

I, however, have not forgotten. Unfortunately I was jinxed so I couldn't tell him. And because I am not so very grown up that I have forgotten the seriousness of being jinxed, I went for over 2 hours this afternoon without saying a single word :) It sure does make for a pretty quiet day when it's just a guy and his mute jinxed wife hanging out all afternoon.

And then I forgot that I was jinxed for a second and accidentally said something. So I figured since I already broke the rules, I might as well tell him how to un-jinx me. And now I can talk again! The end :)


No comments:

Post a Comment