"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Unicorns

When I was little, I wanted to be a unicorn. Like I really truly wished I would turn into a unicorn, or that someone would someday discover that I really was a unicorn and had only been transformed into a little girl temporarily. I would daydream about it ALL THE TIME. What can I say? I had a vivid imagination.

Now that I've grown up a bit, I'm perfectly happy knowing the reality of the situation is that I'm not a unicorn. But there are sooo many things I still want to be! Or learn to do, and become good at. Me and my Trevor did a bit of Halloween costume supply shopping this past Saturday and perusing the craft stores brought on fresh reminders of things I think would be soo much fun to try! Unfortunately, I can't do them all. Because stuff cost money, and money requires work, and work requires time, and time spent working means not enough time to sit around and do crafty cool fun stuff all day. Vicious cycle. Plus you can't really focus on everything at the same time...hence the word 'focus'...

So for now, here's my list of wonderful fun things that I'm just dying to try, and can't wait to learn to be good at.

My Unicorn. 

- photography!! (I even have a camera and a couple books and resources right at my fingertips! Time to get over my fears and put in the time to start learning!!)
- teach ballet (I taught a few classes earlier this month while a teacher was at a wedding, and assisted with several others and I LOVED it! Now I just need to get more experience, learn more about how to be a good teacher, and get busy teaching!)
- make progress on the piano (I had incredible training when I was younger and can still play well, but I haven't taken lessons or practiced regularly in years. So much going to waste!)
- learn to sew awesome cute stuff! (fabulous decked out dresses, costumes, alter clothes to fit me better, add cute stuff like gathers or other stuff to things to make them better, etc)
- bake awesomely! (as in delicious cuisine, and super cutesy fun stuff! there are sooo many awesome baking and decorating supplies! and awesome shaped cake pans and great recipes begging me to make them!)
- make beaded jewelry (this is a super new one. I love dangly sparkly wonderful earrings and clinky bracelets and such, and after looking at stuff people had made and were selling at one of those events where artists set up booths to sell their stuff, I think I would really like designing jewelry like that)
- be good at ballroom (I've had a ton of classes, but I want to hunker down and really learn my stuff)
- learn contemporary (my dance repertoire growing up was mostly just strictly classical ballet. My body wasn't made to do such things, although I do love it more than just about anything. I don't like most modern, jazz isn't for me, tap...haha no way. But I do think I'd really like to branch out more into the contemporary/lyrical realm.)
- choreograph. (I used to do this all the time when I was younger. Honestly, my choreography was probably absolutely dreadful, but I loved being able to hear music that inspired me and translate that into dance. I want to do that again :)
- and of course, last but not least, I want to be better about blogging! haha I've been slacking off reaaaally bad lately, and I've missed some important things! I need to change that soon :)

And now I'm off to bed, so I can get up early and go to work and earn money to put towards becoming my newly defined unicorn :D




No comments:

Post a Comment