"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, July 13, 2012

It's Time

It's high time I blogged again! It's been over a month, and so so much has happened!!!! I don't even know where to begin! For starters, today is Friday the 13th. I got off work a couple of hours ago; now I'm sitting here on our nice plump couch with the AC blowing in effort to combat the heavy humid heat, relaxing my sore quads, thinking about how I should sweep up the salt I spilled on our hardwood floors, and I don't feel sick. That's...all very different from what I would be doing right now under normal conditions!

First off, work? Yes, I got a job :) Just a temporary position in retail (blech!!) for the next few weeks while we're in Ohio (oh yeah, did I mention that we're in Ohio now?), but hey, a job means income and it gives me something to do. I'll take it!

Second, a nice plump couch? One of the many many perks of living in my Grandparents' basement is that we don't have to buy much furniture. They already have an old couch and arm chair that they keep downstairs and let us use and it's great! One downside, it's pretty old. The springs are broken, it looks awful so we always keep it covered with mis-matched blankets, the cushions don't fit it right anymore, etc. All that being said, once we got out to Ohio with only as much stuff as we could fit in our car to drive cross-country (which means absolutely no furniture other than an air mattress...well unless you count the flat-topped cooler we've been using as a kitchen table, or the subwoofer that Trevor has been using as a desk), we were reaaaaally missing that couch! So, how did we end up with an awesome couch in Ohio? Well that's another story I'll have to tell later :) For now suffice it to say, we have one, and an armchair, and I LOVE them!

Next, air conditioning and heavy humid heat. Ohio heat is NOT the same as Utah heat. At all. And there's been this awful heat wave for the past like 2 weeks making things miserable, especially since we didn't have power for almost an entire week right in the middle of it!! So the air conditioning is WONDERFUL!

Sore quads. Dance? Nope. I wish!! But no. Running. That's right, I went running :) I only ran a mile and walked about another mile, but for anyone who knows my exercising habits when it comes to cardio, that's saying something. And I'm proud of myself. There's this incredible ice cream place/bakery almost 2 miles away from our apartment, and Trevor said when I can run all the way there without stopping or walking, we can go get ice cream again! So that's my goal, and I'm sticking to it! And I might even go out for another job tonight!

And then there's the matter of the salt-covered hardwood floors. Well I guess me spilling food isn't anything new, but the hardwood floors are, and I absolutely LOVE them!! The entryway, kitchen/dining area and living room are all connected, and are this lovely happy shade of wood. And windows span nearly the entire length of one of our livingroom walls, so the light comes streaming in and it's amazing! I have my own ballroom/ballet/yoga studio right in my own home! And the whole not having furniture thing just means more room :)

And last, but not least, I don't feel sick? What?!?! Since when has that happened regularly? Since I came to Ohio, that's when. I don't know what it is, but I have been noticeably more well since we got to here. I really wish I knew why! Part of it I'm sure is because I've been careful about not eating too much dairy, since I'm pretty sure I'm lactose intolerant. Not 100% avoidance, but being really careful and smart about milk stuff. Also, There's not too much stress. I didn't really have much to do until just recently when I got a job, so I got to do whatever I wanted. Plus it's warm, so it kind of forces me to relax, and sunshiney weather does wonders for me. It really does. Another possible factor, maybe there was mold or something where we were living before that was contributing to me not feeling well? But what I really think it comes down to, is that this is a fresh start out here. There's so much to do and explore, and there's just something magical about new beginnings!! I love familiar things, and I'm happy we're going back to Utah in a couple months, but I just really love how inspiring it is to be out here trying something new for a change!

And speaking of all the new changes I've been trying, I have waaaay more adventures to tell in blog posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment