"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Coolest Kid in the Sunbeams

It's Memorial Day Weekend!! That means lots of people on vacation! Which means, lots of help needed in Primary at church! So I got asked to help out with the Sunbeams class (4-year-olds). After it was finally over the teacher apologized and said it was about the craziest today that it's ever been. Whatever! I thought it was like the best day ever!

I got to build cages and slides for zoo animals to appease the kids that wanted me to play animals with them and the kids that wanted me to play blocks with them at the same time, and the bear was safely barricaded away from the mommy pig so no animals died. The skirt I randomly grabbed after waking up late happened to be pink and sparkly, which was a huge hit with the girls. Speaking of which, one of the girls decided we should have a princess party at my house and invited everyone in the class. And not one, but three kids decided I absolutely HAD to sit next to them around the table for the lesson and snack. Sitting up to the table next to three kids at the same time is hard. One of them even gave me both of the stickers she had on her hand to try and buy my affection.

Oh and I have a new boyfriend now. I caught him quietly staring at me from his chair on the other side of the teacher during Sharing Time instead of singing like he was supposed to. He gave me his paper bracelet handout they gave all the kids and built zoo cages with me and sat next to me, or on my lap, the whole time and never left my side. He even unbuttoned his shirt so I'd have to button it back up for him. And after class was over, he even invited me over to his house to play. Yep, that's true love right there!

My goodness kids are SO cute when you just have to feed them snacks and play with them for an hour or two and then you can just send them home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment