"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Need/Want Get it Done

Our house is a mess. We have waaay too much stuff and not nearly enough places to put it. Plus I'm great at finding things to do other than clean and organize, and Trevor is always so busy he never gets around to it. So today was going to be dedicated to transforming our house into a more beautiful place instead its current disaster zone state that it's been in for like a week or two now. And then I slept in.

It's crazy how easy it is to go from having basically an entire day free, to only having 4 1/2 hours when you do that. Well, that and then I got my morning off to a slow start because I was feeling groggy. I had a ton of things I wanted to do today in addition to all the good homemakerey things I've been putting off, soooooo I'm going to play the Need/Want get things done game so I won't get daunted by my 'to do' list, I can still do fun stuff that I want, and I'll still get things done!

What I Want to Do --- What I Need to Do First
bake caramel, walnut, chocolate chip, brownie awesomeness!!! --- do the dishes
bake more of those streusal-topped fiberone muffins and mess around with the recipe --- mop the floor (I spilled some applejuice on it and wiped it up, but it's still a little sticky...)
do a yoga video in the living room - clean the living room
eat said brownie gloriousness - eat a cucumber and a good dinner (leftover guros from scratch!! yum!)
practice the piano - clear off the junk on top of the piano
take pictures of the food I baked - write Friday workouts for both of my clients
blog about the recipes - prepare Friday's water aerobics class
play house of chocolates - sort one stack of papers/box of junk
watch a show with Trevor - fold and put away laundry

and then of course both a need and a want is going to a 2-hour ballet technique class, followed by a 2-hour swan lake rehearsal :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment