"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feeling Wonderful!

Kind of along the same line as my previous post Things I Think I Want, healthy is definitely happier! Yesterday afternoon snacking and dinner consisted of lots of crackers, 2 granola bars that are more like candy bars than nutritious snacks, Flipz, pretzels dipped in peanut butter with chocolate chips, my leftover guacamole bacon burger and steak fries from Red Robin the night before, and some BYU Creamery peanutbutter cup ice cream I found in the freezer leftover from our wedding (...it turns out 8-month old already-opened ice cream just isn't the same...go figure). Not the healthiest eating ever, although in my defense my serving sizes were all small.

But I repented later :) I went to ballet 8-9:30 so I got a bit of a workout in. Then I came home and went on a somewhat brisk walk for about 20 minutes taping fliers on doors for our Relief Society birthday party activity tonight, and concluded the evening with a little salad with Romaine lettuce, spinach, tomato pieces, and chunks of mozzarella and hickory smoked turkey deli meat, with poppyseed dressing on top. Mmmmmm sooooo good! And this morning I woke up right at 7 - no alarm or anything! - and went to yoga.  LOVED it! I'm totally doing that again next week. For breakfast I made a banana, mixed berry, vanilla yogurt, apple juice, and spinach smoothie and ate it parfait-style with raw old fashioned oats instead of granola, and it was surprisingly delicious! It's the best I've felt for a good long while :) Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment