"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, February 5, 2012

How Did I Ever Manage this Every Week-day for all of High School?

I'm supposed to be asleep right now. I was actually supposed to be asleep more like 2 hours ago. My body doesn't seem to understand the concept of falling asleep before midnight though. I've been lying in bed trying hopelessly to fall asleep for a good long while now.

Why, you ask? The owner of the Physical Therapy clinic my internship is with asked me to start coming in from 7 am-1 pm instead of 2-6 like I've been doing. That means I get to wake up at 5:30 so I have time to eat, get ready, and drive all the way out there. Yay! It's like being in seminary again!

Oh man, I am sooo not a morning person. I'm the girl who stayed up until past 5:30 am 2 days ago...(cool story, more on that later), and who LOVES sleeping in till noon as often as she can. But, now it's time to be responsible and get myself up and shining in the wee hours of the morning!

It'll be good. I bet I'll end up being more productive in the long-run. I'm not very good (ok, actually not good at all) at doing meaningful things when I stay up super late like I like doing. It's more like time to spend/waste on facebook, Pinterest, blogger, browsing KSL, watching Drop Dead Diva, Cake Boss, White Collar, or Psych on Netflix, or whatever to entertain myself while Trevor does homework sitting next to me on the couch all night. Plus, the fact that I'm going in for a longer, earlier shift means I'll be getting more hours at my internship, which means more experience. Also, there are more patients in the morning, so it'll be like a crash course, and it'll open the door for me to be ready at the time they'd want me if I ever end up moving up to Senior Assistant or something cool like that. Handy isn't it?

It'll mean my sleep schedule is not matched up with Trevor's at all though. Especially on nights when he works until 4 am...and I'll be on schedule to wake up an hour and a half later. That'll be sad. But there are certainly worse things, and that won't be the case every night.

I just wish I could fall asleep already!!! I'm going to be sooo tired tomorrow, but hey, at least I tried to go to bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment