"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, January 27, 2012

Thank You Pinterest

I feel like I've been quite the little culinary diva lately! Ok not really, but after several weeks of minimal cooking thanks to stomach issues, my saltine spree, the holidays, tons of work, fast food being the most convenient...you name it, it feels good to be back in the kitchen again! I've also recently become converted to Pinterest...haha so I'm SUPER into yummy recipes right now! Which is great since now I won't be eating as much processed junk, plus I get to feel like a little domestic housewife :) Wins all around!

So far this week I've made:
- vanilla pudding mix chocolate chip cookies (oh my gosh the dough is DIVINE! I saved some in the freezer for me to eat raw later :)
- chicken carbonara deluxe (fettuccine chicken bacon garlic onion whipping cream deliciousness)
- super loaded carrot cupcakes (fresh carrots, walnuts, pineapple, coconut, raisins...mmm)
- homemade cream cheese frosting with pineapple juice instead of milk
- mozzarella tomato basil pesto grilled cheese with chicken breast (oooooo yum!)
- and sugar cookies (just from a mix in the interest of time) to decorate for an early valentines with my extra cream cheese frosting!

I know, I know, it's a lot of desserts. But I only made a quarter batch of chocolate chip cookies and a half batch of the cupcakes, and some of the cookies are to give away, and the cupcakes are for work, so I'm really not eating as badly as it sounds.

Oh goodness I forgot how much fun cooking can be! I already know what I'm making for a healthy snack tomorrow! I can't wait to take pictures of everything! And to try whatever new recipes Pinterest has in store for me and Trevor!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! i'm loving all the inspiration too! :)

    ReplyDelete