"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not Bad for a Monday!

I didn't sleep well last night. I was up late typing up a long thing about what I hate (hated?) about being asked on dates I don't want to go on, and then I was so tired I wasn't very efficient at getting myself to bed. Plus I've had these silly cold symptoms that have lasted for like a month now, and my body just aches all over like a grandma randomly...so I wasn't very excited about getting out of bed in the morning. Especially since it was a Monday, and I had to leave my sleeping Trevor and my cozy warm bed to go to a nice long 8 1/2 hour shift of work.

Thanks to taking extra time convincing myself that I really did need to get out of bed, I didn't take a shower and I didn't have time for a good breakfast, so I ran out the door - toast in hand - ready to scarf it down at the stoplights after scraping the layer of ice off my windows. But there was no ice! Thank goodness! I was a few minutes late is it was! I started the engine of my super old trusty little truck, and attempted to eat my toast at the stoplights as I raced to work. But all the lights were either green, or turned green within moments of me hitting my breaks. That never happens! So I made it to work with a minute to spare, which I spent sitting in my little truck, happily (and hurridly) eating my toast and humming along with the Christmas music.

Work itself actually turned out to not be too bad after all. One of those days with more than enough to do so we don't get bored, but not so much that we're totally stressed out and overwhelmed. We did get called out by the auditor who randomly showed up for something we haven't been good at doing...but hopefully I personally won't end up taking too hard a hit from it. I'm one of the most diligent workers at remembering and actually doing it :)

I called my doctor and left an hour-long window for her to call me back with the results of my two ultrasounds the other day because I wasn't sure when exactly my half-hour lunch break would be.  If she didn't end up getting through I'd have to wait until the next day to get them and talk about setting up an appointment for an endoscopy. Lo and behold, I punched out for lunch, got my phone from my locker, and within about 3 minutes she called! Everything was normal in both ultrasounds, which is both good and bad. Good that they didn't find anything wrong with what they were looking at, and bad because there is still obviously a problem...and now we have to do more tests to try to figure out what it is. Oh well. We talked about the endoscopy for a minute and she said I can probably take Zofran when I go in for it! What a load off my mind! That's my biggest fear. More than the potential pain and sore throat after having a tube with a camera shoved down inside me, is just the fear of gagging and wanting to throw up while they're doing the endoscopy. So now I can lessen that main fear, and try to just worry about them finding answers.

After work I pulled out my phone again on the way home, and I had a voicemail...for a job interview!!! For a receptionist position in the imaging department at the Central Utah Clinic! I'm super excited!! The more I think about it the more excited I get actually! I still don't know many specifics about hours, salary, benefits, if you have to commit to working for a year or more, or any of that because it wasn't included in the description. But I'll sure find all that out tomorrow before I head off to my current job. A lot of maybes, but I'm hopeful :)

Then I got home and found out some more good news! First, a little background. I keep seeing these ballet-inspired wedding pictures and I'm just in love with them! So I decided I want to have a ballet bridalesque photo shoot! I even found a budding photographer who said she'd do a shoot of me for only $40! So I looked around to try and come up with a good location...and I found the perfect one. Sleepy Ridge. It's GORGEOUS! It was my #1 favorite venue for our wedding reception...except it was waaay too expensive. I talked to the schedulers about the possibility of using it for a just photo shoot though, and they said they would only charge me $50!



This was last week, and me and Trevor had a little chat about it. The conclusion was that if I was going to spend the money to have my perfect location, I should have the shoot with a photographer I really really liked. Easy answer. Whitney Lewis. I LOVE her work! I don't know much, if anything, about photography, but I just can't find another photographer who's work I love more. Maybe it's because the colors are so bright, maybe it's because her lighting looks incredible, maybe the people she photographs are just more attractive than most, maybe it's the cool artistic effects, maybe it's something completely different, maybe it's all of those and more...who knows. She shot our engagements and formals for our wedding, and we loved them! The only problem: she's too expensive.

But then, miracle of miracles, Whitney decided to have a creative photo shoot contest! You submit an idea, she chooses her top 10, and people vote on facebook for their favorite! And the person with the most votes gets their shoot for free!! So I submitted my idea...and I made it to the top 10!!!!!!!

Now there is only a day or two of voting left, and I'm in about 5th place. So if you could vote for my idea that would be awesome!! Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/WhitneyLewisPhotography/posts/322577091103979

and you just click to see more comments, click "like" on the comment that says idea #5 by Karin, and go to her page Whitney Lewis Photography, and "like" her page! I would be much obliged :)


So after my jubilation at the realization that there was a chance that I might get my dream photo shoot with my dream photographer at my dream location...for the grand total of only $50 (!!!!! gaahhh knock on wood!!!!), I took a short nap. It was great. And I woke up to the sound of my dear husband's voice as he walked in the door. I love him :) So then we had a dinner-making party in the kitchen! And I made myself a super healthy and delicious sandwich with turkey, spinach, tomato, sprouts, onion, mustard, and pepperjack cheese on multigrain bread. Yum! Except I discovered that I'm allergic to sprouts, which makes me sad. But oh well, I wasn't allergic enough to keep me from loving my sandwich!

And then I ate some chocolate and made plans with a friend to go to the temple later this week! And me and my dear Trevor finally went to bed after a long wonderful day :)

(Ok well actually his was really stressful and he took some finals and worked and studied his brains out for his two hard finals today...but it was a wonderful day for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment