"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another Stab in the Dark

I had yet another idea about a possible source for this nausea of mine. A soy allergy or intolerance. I'm leaning toward intolerance at the moment. Based on the random collection of websites and articles that I Googled over the past 45 minutes or so, if you're soy intolerant, your intestines don't release the enzymes needed to break down soy or soy by-products, so you have nausea, vomiting, cramping, fullness, etc. even though your system is perfectly healthy, but not the allergy symptoms like rashes, itchy mouth, trouble breathing, and all that good stuff.

Some other interesting facts: in the later months right before the beginning of this whole year+ episode of nausea, I kept getting these red, itchy, almost pink-eyeish symptoms. It wasn't ever really really bad, but there were a good many days my last Winter semester when I only wore one of my contacts and didn't wear makeup because my other eye wasn't doing well. That's a symptom of soy allergy. I also had an eczema flare up in my elbow about the time things started to get bad. That's another symptom.  You'd think they would have continued like the ever-persistent nausea if they were related though. Probably just a coincidence, but I did think it was kind of an interesting one though.

If my symptoms really are the result of a soy intolerance, that would explain why eating food makes me sick all the time! Soy is in EVERYTHING! I really don't know how I could realistically avoid it. I guess it would still be nice to know, if that ends up being part of why I'm sick all the time.

Who knows. I sure am tired of not knowing why I feel awful. And I'm even more tired of actually feeling awful like all the time. I guess I'll have one more thing to bring up in my next doctor's appointment though!

No comments:

Post a Comment