"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Will Work for Cookies

There aren't a ton of things I like about working until midnight, but one good thing is that I get to sleep in and spend some time with my husband :) Our previous plans to go on a hike fell through thanks to some snow, a baby shower, and some other random things, so we slept in until about 11. That's always good. After a shower and breakfast and a good bit of laziness, we decided it was time to tackle our bathroom that has avoided a good deep scrubbing for way too long! And we decided it was also time for some cookies.

I mixed up some chocolate chip cookie dough from a Betty Crocker mix packet thing I bought on sale a couple months ago. They definitely weren't as good as homemade, but we weren't expecting them to be. Plus they were quick and easy, just like we wanted. And they were still actually pretty good.

While the cookies were baking and cooling, Trevor turned on some music and we both scrubbed that bathroom to pieces! And it was so much fun! So now our bathroom looks darlingly cute, clean, and organized, aaaand we had hot fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk just begging to be eaten once we had finished cleaning!

I thought it was such a brilliantly wonderful plan, that I decided we should do it every Saturday. Pick a yummy dessert to make, pick a room of the house/project/that thing you've been avoiding, and do it while the food bakes! Preferably with the man you're madly in love with and with a soundtrack of awesome music. Then it's 10 times more bearable - if not downright enjoyable, the work gets done, and you get treats and you can totally feel like you deserve them! I love it.

Then we played Farkle and I TOTALLY beat Trevor. Like 11,650 points to 3000. He's a good sport :) And, knowing him, he'll probably kick my butt next time we play.

What a great Saturday! Except for the part where I had to work 3:30-midnight after my super fun date-with-Trevor afternoon. But we won't talk about that. It was lame anyways. Except for the part where I earned lots of money! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a super good idea. Except I honestly don't think I can handle buying cookie dough. I will have to make it. Nom nom nom. Strangely, I have been craving cookies for days. Real Life Project starts tomorrow! Let the cooking and living begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, there really is no worthy substitute for a good homemade batch of cookie dough :)

    ReplyDelete