"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Plans for a Happy Day Off

Today is Wednesday! My my favorite day of the week! And as per usual, I'm wasting my day off. I stayed up really late last night finishing my blog post Hello, Gorgeous that took me waaaay longer than I meant for it to, and then Trevor was still going strong on homework, researching tablets to replace his defective laptop, and whatever else...so I stayed up too! When I finally woke up and looked at the time on my phone it was like 12:30 pm. Yay for sleeping in!!

Since I had clearly already missed breakfast, I decided it was probably time for dessert and ate a poptart. Brown sugar and cinnamon :)

Things I learned from this experience:
- microwaving a poptart for 3 seconds like it says on the package does absolutely nothing
- even after it is finally warm, a microwaved poptart just doesn't hold a candle to a toasted one
- I am incapable of eating only half of one, despite what I may tell myself
- one poptart has about twice the calories, 3 (or more) times the fat, and a ton more sugar than sugary breakfast cereals. Why they are marketed as breakfast food for children is beyond me
- eating something that sweet when I wake up before drinking lots of water will give me a headache

Then I repented and made myself half of a sandwich on multigrain bread with breaded chicken tenders, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, onion, a squeeze of lime (they turned yellow after I bought them...I do not understand), cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing. Yum! The blend wasn't as good as I wanted it to be though. I blame the bread. I didn't buy any white bread, so I guess it's all my fault really.

Anyway, now it's 4 pm and I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop in my pj's with greasy unwashed hair, wearing yesterdays makeup, surrounded my clutter and messiness, I need to find myself a new job, I haven't done any of the things I planned to do today, and all I can think about is making these adorable ballerina cupcakes that one of my friends posted pictures of on facebook a couple days ago! Surely I can do better for myself than this :)

I've got about 4 hours before ballet SO
Plan of action:
 1) shower and look cute. (45 minutes) It sounds vain, but my day goes sooo much better when I look good, or at least feel like I do :)
 2) submit applications and resumes to at least 3 places. (90 minutes. and then 2 more later tonight) I'm 5 minutes from finishing one already, and I've contacted employers about two other ones. Maybe go drive over to The Chocolate and check it out. One of the girls from ballet is related to the owner, so that might be an in if they're hiring and I like it there?
 3) spend at least 30 minutes on the kitchen. (40 minutes) It needs it! Plus then I'll have space to make the cute cupcakes when I come home from ballet!
4) get dinner ready for when Trevor comes home! (20 minutes) I've got leftover taco supplies from dinner last night, and 2 extra chicken filets that I didn't eat when I woke up, so that should be easy :)
5) get ready for ballet and stretch (30 minutes), and go to class knowing that I accomplished things today! yay!!
6) pick up stuff from the grocery store on the way home, and make cupcakes tonight!!
7) practice the song on the piano that I'm playing in Sacrament Meeting this week
8) apply for more jobs until bedtime!

Yay!! So that's the hope for the rest of today! Now I'm off to conquer laziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment