"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What am I writing about again?

A little interesting tidbit of information: My mom recorded some notes from my baby blessing in her journal. It says I was blessed with the ability to express myself completely, and that my mediums of expression - or whatever you want to call them - are spoken word, written word, dance, and facial expression. Dance is a pretty obvious one considering I've been dancing since I was five, and I just can't get enough. Facial expression is probably equally obvious. Everything I feel shows in my face. Written and spoken word...well...not as much. Specifically written.

That being said, now that I've managed to establish somewhat of a habit of writing/posting (ok the past couple days don't count!), I'm noticing a slight change in the way I think about things that happen. Instead of scrambling to get on facebook and post about it, or re-hashing the drama/excitement/despair/you name it of whatever it was to the nearest person that will listen, I want to think about it, learn from it, and write about it. I guess I've kind of always been that way a bit, but didn't necessarily have a good way to accomplish it.

Unfortunately, a lot of the things on my mind recently are pretty big topics to tackle. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly the best writer ever. My writing tends to consist of the meandering of my thoughts around a general topic, instead of something organized and well composed around some sort of thesis. (We just won't even mention grammar and punctuation :) Plus it doesn't help that a good number of my posts were written while lying in bed as I was falling asleep, and I can't even remember half the stuff I wrote the following morning. Anyways, the idea of trying to write about some of the 'real' things on my mind instead of just trivial day-to-day events is more than daunting, so I usually give up before even thinking of a decent title, post about something like spiders or a movie, and move on with life. But that kind of defeats my whole purpose for starting this blog in the first place, as I explained in happy friday!.

So basically, I don't even know what the point of this post is...but for the sake of having one, lets say it's a commitment to myself to actually write about the more important things I have on my mind, and a disclaimer that it's hard to stick with, and that those posts will be staggered between many fluffy happy random Karin-flavored posts about day-to-day adventures! 

Um, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment