"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 1, 2011

Thoughts of the Moment

- I just checked my blog statistics and I just have to say I think it's really interesting that the posts that have gotten the most views so far are Ballet Nostalgia and Mary Kay mascara...and those are probably two of the most boring posts, and definitely two of the least effort ones. Oh well! I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

- This template is too stuffy. I seriously am having the hardest time finding one I really like. All I really want is one that's cute, bright, un-cluttered, girly, happy, and just really me. Haven't found it yet, despite the literally hundreds I've looked through over the past week or two.

- Smoothies! I had this great idea for easy smoothie mornings! Since Trevor isn't the world's biggest smoothie fan, and getting our huge man ice-killing blender dirty every day for one serving is just not practical, plus who has time for all that preparing and washing before work (or who wakes up early enough to do that?!), I decided to just make extra and freeze it! But wait, that idea has been thought of before! And when you get your frozen smoothie out of the freezer, it has frozen into a solid block that you have to chisel away at forever and eat in tiny scrapings, or you can leave in out on the counter (or microwave it if you're impatient like me) for like an hour and try to smash and mix together the parts that are liquid and the parts that are still frozen solid. In either case, it's hardly ever the right consistency again, and it ends up taking more time and being more work than just making another smoothie. Wrong! If you portion out a 1-cup (ish) serving and put it in a ziplock, then label it and lay it flat in the freezer, it works perfectly! It's thin enough that it thaws quickly (while I did last night's dishes...haha whoops), or you can just squish it around in the bag a bit and/or run it under some warm water, then scoop or pour it into a cup and you're ready to go! I'm so proud of myself for being so obviously cool and smart haha :)

- I've already had about 175 page views! My goodness! Now I've decided that once I have over 200 views and/or 10 followers I'm putting in an ad. I'm guessing I'll think it's annoying and take it out after a couple days, but it's free to put in, and I get paid (probably like $.01 or something ridiculous like that) every time someone clicks on it, and who doesn't like getting paid for doing something they were going to do anyways for free? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment