"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sweet Salty Greasy Fatty Junky Processed Food Glorious Food!

I LOVE food. Specifically the kinds that are terrible for me. Don't get me wrong, I like healthy foods too, but they are not what I usually crave. Plus they don't fill you up with that pleasant yummy feeling. They have a nice cleansed healthy nourished feeling that is absolutely wonderful...but I usually give in to the cravings instead. I'm a work in progress.

You may recall me deciding to have weekly goal focuses in New Patterns. Well this week is supposed to be my 'eat tons of fruits and veggies' week...and I majorly failed today. So in honor off my failing, I decided to post about some awfully wonderful foods that I have weaknesses for!

Chocolate chip cookies - real butter, semi-sweet chocolate, a little on the salty side, nice and chewy...oooo heaven!

Fries - specifically steak fries! Salty fatty deep-fried salty and I just can't get enough!

Fry sauce - I love it. I have no clue why the East Coast hasn't adopted it yet, but I guess they are obese enough over there without having to dip their deep-fried foods in even more fat?

Bacon cheeseburgers - oh my goodness, those are my favorite! Especially with onions.

Black olives - did you know that just 6 olives is an entire serving of fat? I have 10 fingers though, so 6 is not an option

Reese's - Anything peanut butter and chocolate is absolutely divine, but Reese's has it down to an art. Reese's sticks, Reese's fast break, Reese's peanut butter moose tracks ice cream, Reese's milkshake, Reese's Puffs, an original Reese's peanut butter cup, or whatever it may be, there really is no wrong way to eat a Reese's. unless it's not at all.

Rich chocolate cake - especially frozen, or with pudding, or just all the time.

Brownies - the thicker and fudgier the better, and edges and walnuts are a definite plus! Betty Crocker's mix just doesn't cut it. Too oily and not enough substance. BYU brownies aren't very good either. Western Family is undoubtedly the best option. Freshly baked brownies with ice cream...oh goodness I LOVE them!

Ranch and Thousand Island dressing - the sauce pretty much makes the sandwich. And the salad. Yum!

Donuts - love love love! Apple fritters, regular raised chocolate frosted donuts, and sour cream or buttermilk donuts are my absolute favorites! I love them all though!

Cinnamon rolls - big fluffy soft melt-in-your-mouth buttery sugary caramely goodness

Popcorn - air, butter, and salt. Perfect :) Especially kettle corn, or caramel corn, or peanutbutter chocolate poppycock

Toasted onion bagels slathered with cream cheese - ok maybe not as high up there on the 'junk' scale, but still bad for you, and still ridiculously yummy!

Garlic toast and cinnamon toast - on thick yummy white processed 0-grain bread! I could eat it all day!

Chocolate - especially milk. Hershey's kisses, chocolate truffles, chocolate-covered raisins, chocolate-covered anything, chocolate and caramel, etc etc. mmmmmm

Toblerone - ok technically this falls under the chocolate category, but it's just SO good I thought it deserved a category of its own :) This and the Symphony bars with toffee and almonds. oh my goodness. I've eaten an entire half pound bar in one day. It's true

No-bake cookies - they're like a mix between Reese's, cookies, brownies, and chocolate. Really, what more could you want?

Pizza - um, delicious! Onions, chicken, tomatoes, and olives please! Not to mention Papa John's garlic dipping sauce for the crust! Papa John's really is better pizza by the way. Just saying.

Orange chicken and fried rice - I hadn't really ever had it till my aunt and uncle took me to Panda Express 5 years ago. Then my life began. Good thing my husband is an orange chicken lover too!

Costco muffins - well, more like jumbo cupcakes maybe. One muffin has nearly 1000 calories, depending on the kind. Not a healthy breakfast by any stretch of the imagination! Apple crumb is my absolute favorite! Chunks of real apple, cinnamony oaty topping, maple icing...yum! Close behind are vanilla chocolate chunck, french toast, and almond poppy :)

Oh I could just go on forever!!!

As much as I absolutely LOVE them (ok that may be a bit of an understatement!), my body deserves to be treated better. So hopefully thinking about all these yummy snacks will help curb my appetite for them, at least for a little while :) So from now on till the end of the week, I am resolving to actually eat my fruits and veggies, and cut back on the junk a bit!






No comments:

Post a Comment