"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Swamp Muck Smoothie

True to my word, when I woke up starving and wanted to just grab a cookie, I restrained myself and started looking up healthy fruit smoothie recipes online to try to cram in as many servings as possible at a time. Unfortunately, most of the recipes I found on Allrecipes.com (my go-to site for good recipes)  looked more like yummy fruit incorporating treats. I was looking for a true blue healthy fruit smoothie. I tried looking at health sites, but I just didn't trust that they didn't taste too 'healthy', plus with all my fruit and vegetable and soy allergies, my search proved a bit, well, fruitless.

Long story short, I decided to try my hand at making up my own! And I actually loved it! Possibly only because it tastes so much better than it looks? Who knows. I plan to keep experimenting, but for a first try with made up amounts I was pretty impressed with how good it was!


Here are the results:

- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1 orange peeled (I broke it into 3 pieces but I should have broken it up more)
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 oz. vanilla yogurt (1/2 of a little container)

I added a couple ice cubes for good  measure, but I don't think they really made much difference.
Make sure it's really blended...a big piece of spinach can really put a damper on your smoothie enjoyment :)

Fortunately for Trevor, he's still asleep so I won't make him try my green concoction :)

No comments:

Post a Comment