"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Patterns

Quote of the day:

"If you want better results to happen in your life, you can't keep repeating past pattern habits and expect different and better results. You need to be able to focus and be committed to step out of your comfort zone and do what it takes to create the success you always dreamed of and be committed to follow through to the end of any tasks until you see the results you've been looking for." ~ Artie Hoffman Inspirations from Positive Thoughts

There are a couple reasons I decided this was a good one for today. First off, it's a good quote and it's the positive thought of the day from the site linked about. Secondly, and more importantly, it's just flat out true and I've learned a bit about that today. 

Earlier at work I was talking to a co-worker about how I'm seemingly always nauseous. In his opinion, I'm largely sick because I expect to be, so my body delivers. It's always on my mind and I'm always worrying and looking for symptoms and afraid they'll get worse, so even if it's just some tiny thing I freak out, and then my worrying just makes it worse, and pretty soon I'm taking pills to stop the nausea, hiding in the bathroom, and feeling rotten. I'm certain that there is an actually physical problem with my body, but I also agree that the emotional/mental state I have worked myself up into is exacerbating the problem. 

Assuming good health is the "success" or "results" referred to in the quote, I've already made a step out of my comfort zone by actually going to see doctors, and switching when I wasn't happy with my current one. Now I need to stop repeating faulty pattern habits of the past, and follow through to the results! Unfortunately, based on my online research, of all the diagnoses with trademark symptoms and situations comparable to mine I looked at, none of them are really treatable, and certainly not curable. This is a struggle I'll have daily for a long long time. But that doesn't mean there is nothing I can do to help myself! As I exemplified in my post "you reap what you sew", when I don't eat well, I feel miserable. I also get full really easily, and if I try to stuff myself I'll be nauseous for hours without fail. I usually binge eat when I'm tired, eating comfort/junk food (double nausea!), eating quickly without thinking, bored and eating for pleasure, and sometimes when I'm dehydrated (and then I'm thirsty after eating, but already burstingly full, so when I drink water it's just incredibly awful and sloshy and sick and miserable!). 

SO...now I've decided to follow through and help myself out as much as I can by making an effort to be as healthy as possible. It's a process for sure, but I'm much better when I write goals down and am held accountable. My goal for at least the next several months is to have a focus each week. 
- Week one I'll focus on getting enough sleep / sleeping during decent hours
- Week two I'll focus on drinking 8 cups of water a day. 
- Week three I'll eat lots of fruits and veggies!
- Week four...I haven't decided yet for sure, but I'm thinking of focusing on mental and emotional well being (yoga, meditation, more goal setting, me time, scripture reading, etc.)


So anyways, we'll see how this goes. It's not a cure, but it's a step towards being more healthy :) I would have put exercise in there, but my job requires a bit of physical labor, plus if I'm going to ballet every week and running with Trevor occasionally I should be getting a decent amount. Enough that it doesn't need to be a focus as much as the other ones do at least. 

Wish me luck! And feel free to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment