"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, August 27, 2011

What's Up Doc?

My Dad introduced me to the movie What's Up Doc? many long years ago, and it has been one of my favorites ever since, so I decided to introduce Trevor to this wonderful movie of happiness tonight! After watching it he said he loved it too, and his initial reasons were so different from mine - not to mention random - that I was thoroughly amused, and decided I better document them before I forget :)

Reasons Trevor like the movie:
- a blue light indicating HD audio lit up on our sound system for the first time ever when the movie started. He likes good sound.
- Howard Banister is a musicologist, which is basically what Trevor is going into (applied physics with an emphasis in acoustics)
- Howard's character reminded him of Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation
- the WARNING information showed up in Romanian after the movie (he was a missionary in Romania)

I love that guy :)

Other things we love about that movie:
- Howard carrying around a tuning fork and banged on rocks
- Judy just being so random and crazy
- the literal humor ("what are you doing?" "taking a bath!")
- music in the fight scene at Mr. Larabee's house, and that nobody could hit who they were supposed to
- the car chase with the ladder
- the whole hotel fire scene
- "admit it, just admit you're a lucky dog." "I'm a lucky dog."
- "What kind of wine are you serving at table one?"
- "I know I'm different, but from now on I'm going to try to be the same." "The same as what?" "As people who aren't different"
- "Aw come-on, Steve, you don't want to marry Eunice."  "I'm not Steve. I'm Howard."
- "What kind of house detective are you? Cannot commit a simple burglary." "I'm ashamed." "Never mind. I will return the case to her room, while you detain her." "How do I do that?" "Use your charm!"
- and, well, basically every other scene and line from the movie! It's just so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment