"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, August 8, 2011

Excuses Excuses...

I've been slacking and not writing, it's true. Here are my excuses.

Thursday I finished up at work, did some grocery shopping, came home, and made a nice long list of things to do (mostly cleaning and housework) to do till Trevor got home at 10.  I made myself a nice post-work turkey/lettuce/tomato/thousand island dressing/grandma sycamore bread/cheese sandwich, got dinner going in the crock-pot, spent a good 45 minutes or so cleaning the kitchen (it was in dire need), and then I found a couple more spiders. So my schedule got put on hold while I ran around spraying them and spraying all over our apartment and soaking the window tracks. I most definitely do NOT like having spiders in my house! That interruption segued my evening from productive to procrastinative, and I spent the next few hours wasting time. My stomach was acting up too though, and feeling nauseous always puts a damper on my productivity. In the end, Trevor did come home to a clean kitchen and hot dinner so all was well :) Then we watched an episode or two of Star Trek: The Next Generation and went to bed. We've been watching Star Trek for the past couple of nights and I love Captain Picard. His character and presence really reminds me of someone else - I think from another movie - but I can't figure out who. I think it might be President Deiter F. Uchtdorf actually, but I'm not sure. Anyways, with all that stuff going on, a blog post got neglected. But other good things did get done :)

Friday I made cookies while Trevor was at work. In my post about our first Sunday in our new family ward I mentioned signing up to take cookies to a funeral. Well I soon realized I didn't know who to give them to, where to take them, or when they were supposed to be there. I also found out that there wasn't even a funeral on Friday like I thought. They were actually Thursday and Saturday, and one hadn't been announced. I made cookies anyway though. But first I called my mom and my sister, and spent like an hour and a half on the phone between the two of them. Sadly, the cookies turned out terrible! I have this awesome recipe that I made nearly every Sunday during my teen-age years, and they are just divine! Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips, plenty of sugar and salt, extra large eggs, and tons of real butter...mmmmm! I just haven't been able to get them to turn out right since I came to college though, and it's so sad! To make matters worse, I was using a different oven this time, and one of my pans wasn't an airbake one. The first batch tasted wonderful, but was really flat and dry. I added a bit of flour. The second batch was burnt (oops...) and had nice body, but was too bland. I added a bit of salt. Then they were too salty. I added some vanilla and sugar. Then they weren't buttery enough. Blast. The first batch tastes the best by far. I should have left well enough alone! The last batch wasn't bad though, but they're all too dry. Ugh. Someday I'll perfect my recipe in my new oven! Fortunately, I never found out what I was supposed to do about the funeral, so no one had to eat my awful cookies! I got to chat on facebook with my friend Cathy for an hour or two while I waited for Trevor to get off work (4 am is way too late!) and that was super fun. I also went through my pictures of my wedding day! I love them! Anyways, once again, blogging was forgotten.

Saturday, Trevor picked me up from work and we went to Target to spend up our wedding gift cards and buy the stuff on our registry that we didn't get! Oh and we also bought a kinnect for the xbox :) So if you ever feel a need to look absolutely ridiculous, come over and play with us!! After a long evening of shopping, we went home, tested out the kinnect, and watched some more Star Trek. My stomach was NOT doing well though, and I ended up re-locating to the bathroom where I stayed till about 2 in the morning. That was quite the opposite of fun. I am so sick of this whole fickle on/off unprecedented intense nausea thing. Literally. Once again, no blog posting.

Today I'm getting back into the habit though! And I'm falling asleep as I'm typing, so I guess that means I'm done. Trevor went to bed with a sore throat poor guy, and now he's making cute little noises in his sleep. He is SO cute when he's sleepy. I love him so much :) But I suppose it would be hard not to, he's just so ridiculously wonderful! Ok now I'm finishing because I keep dozing off and I don't want to fall asleep and drop my laptop!

And here is a fun little youtube video just because I like it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment