"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, July 28, 2011

You Reap What You Sew

Today started out good as far as eating well goes. I got up and made myself a delicious omelet with fresh tomatoes, onions, and green peppers and whole grain toast. Yum! I finished up the last of my le-blue-ber experiment from last night too, and drank plenty of water. I was off to a great, healthy, anti-sick-feeling start!

And then I cracked a bit and ate a bunch of Reese's. And a frozen cookie. Confession, I have a deep and abiding love for both of these food items, and Reese's make me feel sick almost without fail, but I still eat them anyways because I'm just so addicted that sometimes it's just worth it :) A pepto-bismol and an hour or so later I was feeling great and ready for another afternoon/evening of work!

A fellow co-worker brought brownies in to work today that he made from scratch. I also have a weakness for brownies. I ate at least 4. They weren't that big...

When my lunch break rolled around, I realized I didn't have real food with me. I resorted to a bag of chili cheese fritos from the vending machine. $0.85 isn't bad for a meal, right? That was a bad choice though; they didn't sit well in my stomach and made the rest of my work-day a lot less fun. Yet another pepto or two later and I was finally off and still not feeling that sick!

On my way out of work I saw a text from my beloved Trevor. He and his littlest sister had baked up a surprise for me while I was working! I was greeted at home by a divinely delicious fresh batch of brownies with chunks of Reese's! Trevor insisted that I eat the dinner he had made for me first (more real food = less room for junk = less likely to binge on junk = less feeling sick! He's a smart man :), and I complied. Then I ate a brownie after dinner, and felt fine! It was great! And then I decided I wanted another one. And another one. And one more.

So now I'm stuffed with several Reese's, a cookie, 4+ brownies from work, chili cheese fritos, and 4 or so Reese's brownies from home, and I've been feeling sick and rotten (despite the 3 different meds I've taken for it) for the past several hours while lounging on the couch watching movies (Mr. Bean, Iron Man II, and the Swan Princess - Trevor is humoring me :), belching big nasty burps that taste like those chili fritos (ick!), and wishing I wasn't so dumb sometimes. You'd think I wouldn't do this to myself considering this has been the case for years and I know it, but no. At least I had fun eating all that yummy food? And maybe someday I'll hopefully learn from my mistakes enough to stop repeating them? For now I guess I'll just enjoy Trevor's company while I wait out yet another bout of nausea. Story of my life, except this one is totally my fault :)

No comments:

Post a Comment