"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More IBS

I decided I'm going to write a book eventually about my stomach issues and how I learned to deal with them. Ok well maybe not a book, but at least a good long blog post someday. Or an essay. Or at least a paragraph? 'Someday' being the keyword here. For the time being I'm just going to write notes somewhere whenever I find a good fiber-laden recipe, or find something that helps. Just from my somewhat minimal efforts browsing online in forums and the like, it looks like there are quite a few people who suffer with frequent/constant nausea just like me. Some of them have other unpleasant symptoms too. It can sure be frustrating, not to mention debilitating, uncomfortable, and just flat out miserable. Having a doctor tell you there's not really any way to treat it, and that you're just going to have to live like this for the rest of your life is far from comforting. Basically, I think having a compilation of ideas for relief and self-help will be helpful to other people struggling with the same issues. Even if it's not, or if no one else ever reads it, I think it will at least be helpful to me to write it. Kind of like why I started this blog :) So I guess it just boils down to me being selfish and doing things for myself, but hey, if you can help yourself, why not go for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment