"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lemon-Blueberry-Fiber Parfait

Confession, I STILL haven't tried that delicious-sounding cinnamon-pear smoothie that I posted the recipe for several days ago. My pears are having a hard time ripening it turns out. Maybe in a couple more days? In the meantime, I've been terrible about eating fiber and yogurt. Instead I've been doing really good at eating tons of cookies and Reese's and other junk! Which means...my stomach hasn't feeling very good. Very full + very not healthy food = very very unhappy stomach. So I decided to repent of my ways and eat both yogurt and fiber for dinner after work tonight, and I'm sooo glad I did! I accidentally discovered a new favorite combination! I've been eating Fiber One bran cereal and it's not too bad, but it still has that almost cardboardy taste to it. This disguised it beautifully! It's got what I need and it can't get much easier to make, plus it's super duper yummy!

I suppose I should call it something original and say I invented it so I can market it and get money or something someday, but that's entirely too much work for the time being. Especially since I have no real measurements or anything, just estimations. In the meantime, I'll just call it the Le-blue-ber because it's shorter to say. Not that typing the rest of the words out is that much  more effort, but that's beside the point.

The Le-blue-ber:
serves 2 if you eat small like me :)

- 1 6-oz cup of lemon yogurt
- 3/4 cup Fiber One (I used the original gerbil-food-looking kind)
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries thawed (for optimal juiciness!)

Then just layer them, and be sure to pour the blueberry juice in too.

Super yummy, plus you get a good amount of yogurt, about 1 serving of fruit, and about 15 grams of fiber! Yay!! It's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment