"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, July 15, 2011

happy friday!

Well I've been meaning to start a blog for a long time, and I kept thinking of things to post, but now that I actually made one I can't think of any! haha so I'll just start out by saying this template is a little too much pink overkill so I'll probably change it, but in the meantime I like it :)

A little background on the purpose and goals of the blog:
I want to be better about keeping a written record of what's going on my life. Journal writing hasn't been a regular part (or really even any part at all!) of my daily adventures since I was about 14...and since then I've survived high school as a true-blue homeschooler, had my number of siblings increase by 1, started attending community college at the age of 15, performed with guest stars from American Ballet Theater twice, somehow managed to get up early at be at seminary at 5:50 am each weekday morning (followed by college classes, a retail job, a second job as a piano teacher, and up to 25 hours of ballet weekly) throughout many of my later teenage years, moved away from home and across the country to attend Brigham Young University, overcome my intense fear of human cadavers and turned it into a love of the study of the human body, almost claimed a spot on the university performing ballet company, came to a realization that my body could not handle the strain and had to give up my intense love for ballet, found a new joy in ballroom dance, waded through frustration and rejection until I FINALLY made it on the ballroom team in my last semester, watched my circle of friends grow and change over the years, stuck it out through my sciency, mathy, and physicsy struggles and frustrations and graduated with a 3.49 gpa, changed my life goals and ambitions a number of times, gone through the joys and heartaches of several dating experiences, dealt with persistent illness, learned better how to get inspiration and answers to life's questions through prayer and personal revelation (I'm still learning too, of course), and finally, met the man of my dreams, recognized him as that, and was married to him "for time and all eternity" in the Salt Lake Temple, and I am currently starting my 'happily ever after' with him :) Sadly, NONE of this was documented in a journal - or really anywhere other than scattered facebook statuses - so now it's kind of just lost. But just because the stuff I would have written about the shaping and discovering of who I have become is missing, doesn't mean the end product is! So now I'm going to write, and I'm going to be good and diligent at it, and I won't have to have more regrets from not documenting things! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment