"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cinnapear smoothies: the first of the smoothie recipes!

After checking out the reviews and everything, I decided that this would be a good recipe to try as the first of my healthy-eating smoothie adventure! Unfortunately, I can't remember whether or not I'm allergic to pears...so hopefully I won't die in the process. I got this from Allrecipes.com, and I'm going to post everything right here so I know where to find it again :)

for 2 servings:
  • 2 pears, quartered and cores removed (frozen if you have time)
  • 1 banana, cut in chunks (also frozen)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
  • some ice cubes if you want
then you just throw everything in the blender, puree, and enjoy!

each serving (depending on the milk and yogurt you use) has around 270 calories, 6% DV of fat, and 7 grams of fiber! That's like 2 birds with one stone! I get probiotics from the yogurt and as much fiber as a cup of raisin bran all in one. I sure hope I like this one!

1 comment:

  1. My pears FINALLY ripened up and I tried this for the first time last night! Not bad! Not quite as good as I was expecting from the reviews online, but a nice change from your typical banana-berry-yogurt-apple juice smoothie. It does turn brown when you freeze and thaw it fyi (still tastes good though). I had some this morning with fiber-one layered parfait style. Trevor sat down to his breakfast of waffles that I made for him, stared over at me with my glass of brown goop with cereal that looks like gerbil food sprinkled on top, and informed me "...that doesn't look very good..." Don't worry, it's delicious :)

    ReplyDelete