"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!"
~ Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, July 23, 2011

ballet nostalgia

I've been slacking the past couple days...whoops. And technically it's after midnight, so it's not even Saturday anymore, but I'm going to count it anyways. And this is going to be super short because I'm totally falling asleep. Like I said in one of my first posts, ballet is kind of my number one passion (aside from the Gospel, my husband, chocolate etc. :) and having to give it up because of injuries was incredibly hard. Lately I've been missing it more and more, and now I've decided to actually DO something about it! So I've been looking around at different Ballet studios nearby, and I found 2 options that I'm really excited about! It will only be once a week - probably less because of my varying work schedule - so it will be waaay less stressful on my body than my typical 20+ hours a week during my teenage years. Hopefully this will be a good way for me to be a part of ballet again :) I just want to go to a class tomorrow! But I have to wait till next Wednesday. It stinks, but hey, at least it's something!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you do get back to it again. You're such a beautiful dancer. Your profile picture of the attitude is gorgeous.

    Good luck with it!

    Best -- Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I groan a little inside each time I see it and start picking apart all the technical errors, but I guess that's what dancers do :) It was one of my audition pictures for CPYB a summer or two later when I went back again because I loved it so much. The summer you stayed with me and Cathy and Maggie out there was so much fun! Definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete